Hereford Steampunk Experience 2022
Hereford Steampunk is back!
The Waterworks Museum is very pleased to be hosting the Hereford Steampunk Experience again after a two-year gap. As well as an exciting range of attractions, there’ll be a prize of a Sam Deacon art print to the ‘Best Steampunk Outfit’.
Tickets available on the door. Adults £10, free admission for children under 16, no concessions.
- Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of a Victorian waterworks with all steam and other engines working, as well as a mobile steam engine display
- Be entertained by family magician, juggler and escapologist Greg Chapman
- Take part in teapot racing in the Hereford Steampunk Experience Teapot Time-Trial Championship 2022, with the chance to remotely operate a powered teapot driven around a track by a dodo!
- Watch the Steampunk Tea-Duelling ceremony
- Browse the Steampunk artisan stalls
- View spectacular artwork from local artist Sam Deacon
- Listen to the fabulous Pearl Lake Ukulele Group
- Meet the museum volunteer demonstrating blacksmith skills
- Take part in children’s activities: the Frog Trail, Firefighting Quiz and Story of Water Quiz
- Enjoy food from the crepe stall Crepehappy and the hot food stall
- Relax with coffee and cake in the café
Steampunk entertainment will be arranged by juggler, escapologist and family entertainer Greg Chapman who, in addition to his own shows, will be arranging some quite unusual and participative Steampunk ‘sports’, such as Teapot Racing. There will also be musical entertainment across the extended open day at the Waterworks Museum.
Fees & Tickets
£10.00 on the door
Event LocationWaterworks Museum - Hereford Broomy Hill, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR4 0LJ
Organiser: Waterworks Museum – Hereford