A programme to interest music lovers of all ages, with free admission for all students in full time education.
- Beethoven Sonata no.8 in C min Op.13 (Pathétique)
- Schumann 9 pieces from Bunte Blätter Op.99
- Debussy L’Isle Joyeuse
- Judith Weir The Art of Touching the Keyboard
- Janáček On An Overgrown Path (selection)
- Chopin Ballade no.1 in G minor Op.23
This concert is free to all full time students and forms part of a weekend of music and education promoted in collaboration with John Masefield School. On Friday 8th February at 7.00pm students from John Masefield School perform in a free concert also featuring William Howard described in The Independent as “a pianist of quite special lustrousness and versatility”. On Saturday 9th February William Howard leads an informal piano workshop – an opportunity for pianists of school age and above, who have a piece prepared to performance/exam standard, to perform on a superb Steinway concert grand, and receive advice on performance, interpretation and technique.