Hampton Court Castle, near Leominster are looking for a competent Accounts Manager to join the team.
The job will involve managing the day-to-day bookkeeping activities using a variety of modern applications. This will include, processing sales and purchase invoices, administration of timesheets for payroll, processing weekly and monthly payrolls, regular bank reconciliations, VAT returns and monthly management reporting. Experience will be viewed favourably but training and guidance will be provided on all the software used. The successful candidate will need to be computer literate and confident in learning new systems.
A competitive rate of pay will be offered for the right person and flexible working arrangements, Monday to Friday, will be available.
This is likely to be a part-time role but, depending on the skillset of the successful candidate, the role could be expanded to include other responsibilities.
Hours: to be agreed with candidate
About Hampton Court Castle – Hampton Court Castle is a 15th century castle based between Leominster and Hereford, operating as a seasonal visitor attraction. Visitors come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Gift Shop and Orangery Cafe. We also hold fabulous weddings and private functions, and are in the process of creating a holiday cottage complex. This project has been delayed by the pandemic but the first units will go live in 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties –
- Carrying out market research relevant to each area of the business.
- Coordinating paid advertising campaigns both online and in print, and reporting on performance.
- Organising and creating written content for blogs, social media and email newsletters, working with other employees and external contributors.
- Monitoring website content and updating our listings on other websites.
- Interacting with potential customers through social media and other tools.
- Assisting in other areas of the business, particularly at busy times.
Skills and Qualifications –
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant role.
- Strong IT skills and competent in using Microsoft Office/Google Docs and marketing applications (e.g. analytics platforms, blogging tools, email marketing tools etc).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to prioritise work and adhere to deadlines.
- Positive and friendly nature.
- Relevant marketing qualifications an advantage.
Requirements – All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Full driving license and own transport.
Benefits – Flexible working hours. Free onsite parking. Staff discounts in Orangery Cafe and Gift Shop.
Closing Date – Applications as we receive them and would ideally like the successful candidate to start by the new year.