Assistant Manager – (book lover)
BOOK LOVER WANTED FOR ASSISTANT MANAGER ROLE
Do you like talking about books and good food? Does your idea of a perfect lazy Sunday involve reading under a blanket with a steaming cup of tea? Do you also like to spend the time you aren’t reading, around humans? Then you may be just who we’re looking for! The ideal candidate will have previous hospitality experience, however for the right individual with bags of initiative and an appreciation for fresh, plant-based food, this wouldn’t be 100% necessary.
– Eulogising about books, tea and vegan food (when prompted by customers).
– Assisting with event planning and management.
– Assisting with stock taking and shelving.
– Helping us build our brand on social media during quiet periods.
– Barista work.
– Serving customers in a friendly and polite manner.
– Maintaining impeccable hygiene standards.
– Taking payments and orders.
– Must like books.
– Must like tea or be willing to learn to like it.
– Must have initiative or be willing to find some.
– Must like children and dogs, because we positively encourage both!
– Must not dislike vegan food on principal.
– Must be happy to get stuck in.
– Must be happy to manage others when required and problem solve.
– And all the other obvious ones: timekeeping, reliability, knife juggling etc.
– Other skills can be learned on the job.
Expected start date: ASAP Full time: WED – SUN Location – central Ledbury, Herefordshire
To apply Direct Message through Facebook with the following details:
– Contact details
– Your favourite book title (can include a short review – 100 words or less).
– Up to date CV
Application deadline: Friday 10 December 2021