Riverside Inn Senior Sous Chef
The Riverside at Aymestrey is an award-winning Restaurant in rural Herefordshire, with extensive kitchen gardens and grounds, and they are looking for a talented, passionate Sous Chef to support the Head Chef and the team to continue building the success and reputation of the business.
The role is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes within the speciality section.
- Assisting the Head Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes.
- Preparing and cooking fresh food.
- Assisting with the management of health and safety.
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices.
- Managing and training team members.
- Monitoring portion and waste control.
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards.
- An understanding of modern British dining, being from a fresh food background, be it Gastro pub, Restaurant or Hotel.
- Experience managing busy kitchens, to a 2 Rosette standard dining.
- Have the desire & mentoring skills to help develop a very good quality team, and drive to push standards at all times.
- Passionate about delivering top customer service.
- Experience working with and supporting your local community.
The role has many benefits, click here for more information.