The Foodie Tour of Herefordshire is a fabulous Fundraiser for the High Sheriff’s Fund for distribution to Herefordshire charities, and highlighting hospitality and food producers of Herefordshire.
Working to Covid-19 guidelines, limited to 50 cars of any kind, it will take in 100miles+ of glorious Herefordshire countryside with refreshments/food at each venue, inlcuding The Green Dragon Hotel, Penson’s Michelin Star Restaurant, Lemore Manor, The Haybarn at Dulas, and a mystery finish.
There will be a fabulous foodie raffle too. Here’s what it’s all about ….
- Sunday 30th August 2020.
- It’s all about Herefordshire and Food and Cars, proving much needed support to hospitality venues and food producers in the county, and raising money for the High Sheriff’s Fund (charity no: 1094935) held at Herefordshire Community Foundation. The High Sheriff donates to Herefordshire charities from this fund each March.
- 100 miles + of scenic tour of Herefordshire (non-competitive) devised by Bill Pardoe Esq.
- Limited to 50 cars of any type — old, classic, new, vintage, all welcome. Electric cars get £20 of raffle tickets free!
- 2 occupants max per vehicle from the same household/support bubble – Sorry, we cannot accommodate more than 2 per car.
- Cars will be sent off in 3’s so that 6 occupants are a social distancing group for the day – The organisers will group cars together or why not make a group with friends?
- Each venue has their own Covid-19 policy for management of people, so remain alert at each venue as rules will differ from place to place.
- All venues have plenty of parking, except The Green Dragon hotel. Early birds will be able to park in Broad Street, other spaces in Kings Street, Aubrey St and West Street car park (behind old Woolies). Please make sure you are ready to pay for parking if required.
- Times approximate:
- From 8.15am to leave from 9am – The Green Dragon, Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9BG. Teas and coffees, pastries.
- 10.30 to 11.30am – Penson’s, Stoke Bliss WR15 8RT for coffee and cake and hopefully a private view of an exhibition of sculpture in aid of The Cart Shed.
- 12.30 to 2.30pm – Lemore Manor, Eardisley HR3 6LR for a picnic style lunch. Bring a rug/chairs to eat outside – there is provision if it’s wet, but the aim is to be outside..
- 4.00 to 5.30pm – The Haybarn at Dulas HR2 0HJ for tea.
- 6.30pm – Finish at mystery venue!
- Cost per car £125 – payable directly to Herefordshire Community Foundation, click here for booking form and for account details – Don’t forget to put a reference with your payment!
- Entry includes: Route map book, wrist band and car plaque (to be posted out prior to the event to minimise handling paperwork on the day) food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Each car will receive a Herefordshire foodie goody bag at the finish.
- There will be a fabulous Herefordshire foodie voucher raffle on the day, £5 per ticket, which will be drawn at the finish venue.
- Photographs will be taken on the day and will be used for media purposes after the event.
If know anyone who might be interested in joining the Foodie Tour please email Tricia Thomas for a booking on firstname.lastname@example.org
The A4 map route book still has some advertising space in it at £100 per page or £50 per half page, please get in contact as above if your company would like to support this event.