The Hereford Festival of Running Marathon opens for registration at 8.15am until 8.45am. Registration for all other races opens at 9am
Race start times:
The Hereford Marathon: 9am
The Hereford 10K Run: 10am
The Hereford Half Marathon 10.10am
The Hereford 5K Run: 10.20am
Runners of all ages and abilities can sample the unique atmosphere of a St Michael’s Hospice fundraiser, while trying out something new at the same time. The newly-launched Hereford Festival of Running has been born out of the increasingly successful Hereford Half Marathon, 10K and 5K events.
Be part of history
With four distances, Hereford Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K runs the Festival has something for all runners, whatever their age or ability.
So if you are a professional, a keen club runner, an enthusiastic amateur or if this is your first ever event, join in a supportive and enjoyable environment.
Runners will also notice an upgrade for 2017 with help from event sponsors Western Power Distribution.
Those taking part will also see a bigger runners village, all the facilities you would expect from such an event, plus a visual leaderboard at the finish and club team trophy awards.
Whichever course you choose, invite your friends and family to cheer you on and share that indescribable moment when you cross the finish line.
Please note: The Marathon is a challenging course only fit for experienced and/or club runners.
It has a Grade 4 incline which requires high levels of fitness to complete.
In 2017 we are limiting the field to 100 runners. Please contact us if you would like further instruction.
- A warm-up area for runners prior to the start of the race
- Timing chips for accurate course timing
- A post-event SMS message with your official time
- Water stations en route and at the finish
- Event photography (published to Facebook)
- Baggage area
- Medal, water bottle and sustenance at the end of the event
- Prizes for the top three runners in each event
- Veterans’ prizes in the Hereford Half Marathon and the Hereford 10K Run
- Youth prizes (u/11, u/13 and u/15) for the Hereford 5K Run
With optional extras:
- Sports Massage (Donations appreciated)
- Professional Event Photography
- St Michael’s Hospice technical sports t-shirt
To register or for more information, please visit our website: