Join in the fun at Hereford River Carnival which will be bigger than ever this year. Over 12,000 people joined in the festivities last year and this year the Carnival will receive a marvellous musical boost as the award-winning team behind the boutique family festival, Nozstock, The Hidden Valley will join in the celebrations bringing its own brand of family-orientated festivity to Castle Green.
Mappa Mundi: Out of the Museum and Into the Streets – Friday 28th April 2017 – 8pm – 11pm
New for 2017, a theatrical spectacular with a performance through the streets of Hereford from the Cathedral and onto Bishop’s Meadow. See creatures from the City’s iconic Mappa Mundi come to life in the streets and in a torch-lit procession down the River Wye.
Saturday 29th April – Highlights for 2017 include:
- 10am Fun dog show on Castle Green
- 11am Carnival of Sport begins on King George V Playing Fields
- 11.15am CHAR sprint race on the Wye
- 12.30 Nozstock Stage on Castle Green
- 1.00pm Street Carnival (Castle Green, St Ethelbert Street, St. Owens Street, High Town, Broad Street, King Street, over Old Wye Bridge to Bishops Meadow – Please see carnival map for more details.
- 2.15pm River Carnival procession.
- 3.30pm City of Hereford Rotary Club charity duck race