For ideas on things to do, or where to visit and stay in Herefordshire, take a look at the inspiraion we have put together. When you visit Herefordshire, if you are looking for something specific to enjoy such as Art, Foodie & Drink trails, Herefordshire History, Culture, Herefordshire Gardens and more, download our printable guides below complete with maps and enjoy this beautiful county.
- Art Trails – Herefordshire has long been an attractive hinterland to the artisan and creative, and the county is now rich in makers of all kinds. Artists, craftsmen, sculptors, designers, jewellers, potters, weavers and more scatter the countryside in workshops, galleries, studios, exhibitions and markets, inspired by the beauty of the landscape and Herefordshire’s abundant wildlife to bring you unique and bespoke pieces for your home, garden and general pleasure.
- Active & Creative Days – There is every activity to try in Herefordshire including pottery making, creative writing, walking, mountain climbing, shooting, felting, cooking and upholstery to name but a few.
- Castles & Country Houses – From National Trust to privately owned properties, Enjoy splendid castles and country houses in Herefordshire.
- History & Heritage – From being the home of the 1217 Magna Carta, one of history’s most important surviving documents that formed English law, and the Mappa Mundi, an outstanding treasure of the medieval world, to iconic cider making heritage, internationally renowned beef and the site of the Battle of the Roses, Herefordshire couldn’t have more to offer the culture vulture. The legendary landmarks of kings, saints and poets dot trails of historic towns and villages packed with myths, folklore and factual material to enthral you time and time again.
- Food & Drink Experiences – Herefordshire really is where real food and drink is grown and made, so provenance drips from every bite and sip. Look behind the scenes of cider producers, take a brewery tour, visit a gin distillery, explore vineyards, make your own cakes and buns, and indulge at our famous farm shops and delicatessens. Our award winning restaurants and pubs ensure it truly is all straight from gate to plate; with the finest ingredients in the country on our doorstep, why look elsewhere. Enjoy Herefordshire Food & Drink Experiences.
- Gardens – Packed with history, some formal and some less so, all of Herefordshire’s gardens are absolutely stunning, uniquely and lovingly designed to offer pleasure to those who visit.